WHO ARE WE?
A group of likeminded organizations transforming the former Osborn Manufacturing Company in Saint Clair Superior into an outward-facing community hub.
We are piloting a CREATIVE COLLABORATIVE model, attracting tenants to the neighborhood, researching precedents and best practices, rehabbing our space, incubating new members and building interest through programming and outreach.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY CREATIVE COLLABORATIVE?
A vibrant, economically interlinked community resource, managed cooperatively, providing tools, space, education and networking to area creatives, the neighborhood, and the entire region.
WHAT MAKES IT SO SPECIAL?
- Industrial amenities that help independent makers at small and LARGE scales, such as: overhead cranes, 3-phase power, loading docks, natural light.
- Co-location of businesses & individuals that benefit by interacting: artisan wood and metal workers, fabricators, architects, illustrators, graphic & web designers, green-tech start-ups & more.
- Shared resources through mutual support: e.g. wood, metal, textile & tech shops
- Focus on projects and initiatives that support civic progress: social, economic, educational and cultural improvements in the neighborhood and region.
WHAT WILL THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
Whether you are a neighbor, artist, entrepreneur or member of the corporate community, the Creative Collaborative is important to you! It will provide:
- Low-barrier to access programming that serves children, young adults, and professionals.
- A gathering space for the creative community to cross-pollinate.
- A hub where creatives can interact with the corporate, manufacturing and industrial community, and showcase advances.
- An entrepreneurial and economic driver connected to existing educational and business amenities in the neighborhood.